3 new shades of Maybelline Colossal Kohl : Price, swatches, Availability and First impression

Hellooooo lovliess,

What happens when your favourite brand has given their new launch ad in the newspaper and not anywhere else?
1. Your parents know the details before you
2. Your parents say “Now start running to get this”
3. Your parents have a smirk on their face when you finally get the product.

All these happened with me in one day..lol . Just as I finished reading the review of one of the shade "Smoked Silver" in Everything that matters blog, my Mum showed me the ad, next thing I knew I had to get these.



Price: 245/- INR for 0.35 gm



Availability: Maybelline counters, Nykaa.com

The Shades are:
Smoked Silver : Greyish silver with blue undertone
Crushed Emerald:  Greenish Emerald
Jewelled Jade: Jade blue, it’s different than and not as blingy as Turquoise one



Swatches:


Swatched in the order :  Smoked Silver, Crushed Emerald, Jewelled Jade

First impression:  Pretty shades, comes in the twist up type packaging, travel friendly, goes on smoothly, no tugging, no irritation to the eyes, smudge proof, waterproof but lacks in pigmentation department. One more thing, the Lakme colored kajals have some black element in them where as these are on the shiny side, no black undertone to them.

I prefer Kohls/Kajals which are not insanely pigmented for summers . Less pigment means no Panda eyes. I applied Jade and Emerald yesterday, could not see much difference but then it was night.  I did not have any Jade, Emerald Kajals with me and these were affordable so I got them.


Smoked Silver on eyes

If you don't want coloured Kajal and want some twist in the daily routine check out “Smoked Silver” .  It has that sheen, which brightens up the eye without being too harsh. The rest 2 shades are equally pretty, but nothing different. I see myself using these in coming summer a lot.  Even though these lack pigmentation and needs multiple swipes, do check them out. These Khol/Kajals add some fun to eyes without breaking the bank.



For full review: click here

What do you think about these? Knew about them? Do share

Live life to the fullest
XOXO
SB



Labels: , , , , , ,