Biotique Bio Himalayan Plum Refreshing Body Soap : Review

Hello All,

How have you been? Weather is all confused in my city... its hot, humid, cloudy all day and only part of the city gets shower :(. All I want  to do is  take bath and use shower gels...lol .

But there are times when I have absolutely no patience or in the mood to use Shower gels. I want to take bath and get out of bathroom; Using a showergels, loofah, scrubs seems too much work. Very rarely it happens, but it happens. Just like shower gels, My mum and I have hoarded onto natural, handmade soaps. I left handmade soaps to Mum and picked up Biotique Himalayan Plum soap from the stash. You will learn how it fared with me in a while.




Price: 79INR for 150gms.

Product claims:
This soap gently washes away body impurities, without disturbing the skin’s natural pH balance.

Contents:
Himalayan Plum (Aadu Ras) 2.0%, Sapindus Trifoliatus (Ritha) 1.5%, Berberis Aristata (Daru Haldi) 1.0%, Embelica Officinales (Amla) 1.5%, Melia Azadirachta (Neem Chhal) 0.2%, Curcuma Longa (Haldi) 0.1%, Cleanser base 84%, Purified water to make QS.

My experience: 
The sturdy Soap bar is babypink in color which was sitting in the outer cartoon box without any seal. It's rectangle in shape. I was trying to associate the scent with the plum or flower, you know something exotic. But nothing!! It just smelt like flowery soap, best described by my Dad smells like " PINK LUX SOAP" :/ . The soap lathers well, gets washed off easily and gives a squeaky clean feel without drying the skin. Just to test I skipped moisturising my extremely dry feet, they were fine post bath. Half an later feet felt stretchy and uncomfortable, so its not a alternative for moisturizers.

I like that Biotique doesn't test on Animals . They say the soap is preservative free, but dont know whether it really is.  I really wish Biotique does something about the packaging, like sealing the bar in plastic. God knows how many people might have opened the outer cover and sniffed it. Ewwww!!!


I will not buying this again nor its other variant. Market is flooded with handmade soaps and I would like to spend on them. Its a  normal soap with good ingredients which doesnot dry out the skin and is cruelty free. 

Do I recommend: I'll leave it you.

What do you think about this? Ever tried Biotique soap? Do share

Live life to the fullest
XOXO
SB

Labels: , , , ,